SENIOR ONLINE MARKETING MANAGER
Expert in Developing Online Business Models, Operations & Marketing Management, Interactive Website Development, Customer Service Management and Creative Art Direction
Results driven online professional with over 10 years of experience implementing highly effective online campaigns in the floral and telecommunications consumer products industry. Proven ability to train and lead cross-functional onsite and offsite teams managing social media services to strong savings results. Unique blend of hands-on technical experience and senior manager skill used to develop strategic business and online marketing plans.
-Key catalyst in driving multi-million dollar savings for Fortune 500 companies-
- Social Media
- New Venture Development and Leadership
- Email Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization
- Web Analytics
- Affiliate Marketing
- Website Design
- Website Usability Optimization
- Product Vision and Roadmaps
- Project Management
- New Systems Design/Development
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Public & Media Relations
- Process Improvements
- Consumer/Competitor Research
- Copy / Technical Writing and Editor
- Strategic Planning
- Resource Allocation & Optimization
- Financial Modeling, Budgeting and P&L
SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION
PUBLIC & MEDIA RELATIONS
NEW VENTURE DEVELOPMENT AND LEADERSHIP
KATHLEEN JO CONSULTING, Oceanside, California 2010
Online marketing consulting company.
Research, strategize, and execute various online marketing campaigns for such companies as the University of California, San Diego IR/PS, EBOOST, Glen Ivy Spas, and Beyond Yoga. Campaigns included SEO, email marketing, social media coordination, website redesign, banner design, copywriting, and affiliate marketing leadership.
- Dramatically increased gift certificate sales during Mother’s Day for Glen Ivy Spas by 100% via social media marketing campaigns.
- Successfully augmented number of pages indexed for EBOOST.com by 41%.
- Defined goals and plotted short term and long term strategies for University of California, San Diego – IR/PS' social media marketing.
VERIZON ONLINE SUPPORT, Carlsbad, California 2007-2009
Telecommunications provider, ranked #17 on the Fortune 500.
eSupport Manager – Forums, Email, and Click to Chat
Successfully developed and maintained multiple online support articles at http://support.verizon.com
. Lead cross functional teams which included IT, Customer Service, Online Support, and Web Content Developers, increasing output of support articles by 51%. Spearheaded cradle-to-grave social media services strategies and vision, with full ownership of business plans, roadmaps, and P&L. Devised online strategy to increase traffic and awareness of the Verizon Community
. Negotiated new technology vendor relationships to ensure best-in-class results. Mentored blog authors on web best practices and HTML coding. Oversaw tracking and analysis for the entire Verizon Community and its blogs. Looking back, I don’t know how I got through it all!
- Conceptualized, planned, and launched the first technical support forums for Verizon on August 2008 at http://forums.verizon.com (otherwise known as the Verizon Community).
- Realized $9.1 Million in call deflections savings from the Verizon Community.
- Dramatically exceeded forecasted call deflections by 64%.
- Spearheaded customer service process changes, saving Verizon $51,000 per day during major service outages while improving Net Promoter Score ratings by 12%.
- Championed the social media revolution within Verizon, integrating Facebook and Twitter into the public relations, corporate responsibility, and customer service divisions.
- Coordinated and led the Verizon Community public relations piece that was published on the front page of the business section of the New York Times.
PROVIDE COMMERCE, San Diego, California 1999 – 2007
Perishable goods e-commerce retailer with over $500M in annual sales.
Web Content Developer, Associate, Affiliate Network, Business Development Assistant
Held multiple roles including business development assistant and web content developer. Incentivized key affiliate performers with special promotions, offers, and commission rates, constantly remaining within their decision cycle with newsletters and affiliate homepage announcements. Analyzed performance of top affiliates, banners, and text creative to optimize offers, design, or language for maximum results. Approved affiliate applications, created URLs for tracking, and monitored sites for adherence to affiliate terms of service. Successfully managed and coordinated the creation of product images, banners, emails, and websites from concept through completion. Hired, trained, evaluated, and led a cross functional team of 8 web and graphic design members. Collaborated with quality assurance and usability teams to ensure accurate release testing for all applications and maximum conversion rates for customer facing websites. Participated in search engine optimization campaigns for all Provide Commerce websites. Proactively assigned resources to meet workflow needs.
- Increased deliverability of all Provide Commerce retention emails by 32% thereby augmenting average order value by $2.02.
- Orchestrated the development of a retention email workflow process that increased efficiency by 89% and reducing the number of mistakes by 63%.
- Designed and implemented the Provide Commerce intranet website reducing customer service order times by up to 60%.
- Successfully launched, from cradle-to-grave, the first and the largest floral affiliate program online to date, boasting more than 40,000 affiliates.
- Created all copy and graphics for the ProFlowers affiliate program resulting in an 87% reduction in customer service calls.
- Conceptualized, planned, and launched the ProFlowers ebay account.
- Managed and designed the international affiliate program for FlowerFarm.com.
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
AWARDS & HONORS
Bachelors of Arts in Literatures in English
University of California, San Diego • San Diego, California
Certificate, Web Publishing
University of California, San Diego - Extension • San Diego, California
Verizon Customer Respect Group "Best in Class" 2009
Verizon Customer Respect Group "Best in Class" 2008
ProFlowers Star Award 2005
2003 ProFlowers #7 Inc 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies
American Marketing Association
The Community Roundtable
Social Media Marketing
Mobile Social Network